Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

From Splendor to Revolution – Four Romanov Women 1847-1928

Last year I was honored by my friend Julia Gelardi with an advance, review copy of her third book, From Splendor to Revolution – Four Romanov Women 1847-1928.

I read the book thoroughly and sent Ms Gelardi and her publisher my thoughts on the book, suggested changes and ideas for improvement. I was very happy knowing that Ms. Gelardi trusted my opinion enough to be involved in making her book even better than it already was.

Last week I received a final copy of this excellent book and I give it my absolute seal of approval and recommend it highly to anyone interested in the Romanovs and the fascinating women who were members of this family. The book covers the life-span of the Dowager Empress Marie Feodorovna (1847-1928) and it includes three other biographies besides that of the mother of Tsar Nicholas II: Queen Olga of Greece (née Olga Konstatinovna of Russia), the Duchess of Edinburgh and Saxe-Coburg & Gotha (née Marie Alexandrovna of Russia), and Grand Duchess Marie Pavlovna of Russia (née Duchess of Mecklenburg-Schwerin).

This is Ms. Gelardi's third book and I find it her best thus far!

Eurohistory.com will be selling the book through our website at:

http://www.eurohistory.com

No comments:

Post a Comment