The wedding of HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton - an update
5th January 2011Here is the latest update on the arrangements for the wedding of HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton.
The Wedding Day
Prince William and Miss Middleton have made the following decisions about their wedding day on 29th April 2011 at Westminster Abbey:
- Miss Middleton will travel to the wedding service at Westminster Abbey by car along a route that will include The Mall, Horse Guards Parade, Whitehall and Parliament Square.
- The wedding service will begin at 11am. The Dean of Westminster will conduct the service, the Archbishop of Canterbury will marry Prince William and Miss Middleton, and the Bishop of London will give the address.
- The couple, now married, will return along a Processional Route in a carriage procession to Buckingham Palace. The route will include Parliament Square, Whitehall, Horse Guards Parade and The Mall.
- On arrival at Buckingham Palace, The Queen will give a Reception for the couple and guests drawn from the congregation representing the couple’s official and private lives.
- The Prince of Wales will give a private dinner, followed by dancing, at Buckingham Palace in the evening, for the couple and their close friends and family.